The OFFICIAL Ctenopoma thread!

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I love these guys! We should start a thread for them, as they are highly under-rated..

My first question, is are they fairly social with one another? I have a 2"er at home right now in a passive cichlid community, and I am curious if I could add a few more of the same size without problems?

I love these micro-predators and favor them to Datnoids anyday!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I love the dats, but just picked up two Leopard Ctenopoma Juvies. They are in my Dat growout tank, and have no problems getting their share of food. Sweet little fish.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
unless you keep an BUNCH of them they are fine together and with other fish. i have a 4"er in my poly growout.

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
ive wanted one for awhile but my petsmart only has little 0.5in. ones:(.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
i have four and they are awesome

jeffthefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.jeffthefish.com
I had two in my Poly tank for several months, but one morning I woke up and one was dead. It had obviously been in a fight, and the other had signs of fighting too. Within 4 days the other died with dropsy. I have no clue why. None of the other fish had any kind of damage or infection. I have no idea what happened.

is300zx

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Bay Area CA.
I grew two of them out when they were less than an inch and I also bought another that was already 3.5". Here's one of the ones I grew out. It stuffed itself with a big piece of shrimp that it couldn't close its mouth.

ctenopoma3.jpg

ctenopoma4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store