Barbs / Sharks??? Help ID Please

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
I baught some species of Barbs / Sharks I am not sure. My digicam is not with me now to take their pictures to request an easy ID. Instead I will describe, take a look at the picture below. It is a beautiful Red-Lined Torpedo Barb. The fish I baught have the same body shape but different colours. One of the pairs look the same but the pectoral is silver, we can say colourless as it is its typical overall colour. The colour that stands out is the red brushed ventral fin, only at the edges of them.

And then at the edges of their forked tail. The dorsal fin's edge is brushed in black. The rest are all silver. Another pair are all silver too except for horizontal oval shaped black spots near tail. And the edges of their forked tail are brushed in red as well. The pair that I am going to buy tomorrow is quite large although are just about 2 inches as the rest. The edge of its dorsal fin is attractively brushed in red. Does anyone know a site that gives infos on varieties of barbs / sharks species?

Thank you for reading!:)

Akwa18_puntius2.jpg

fishfantastic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2006
alta. Canada
look up red finned cigar shark. If this is the fish in question i have 1 and they get to 8" and are very nice peaceful fish.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
If it is a Roseline, that is an awesome fish!

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
it called somthing like red line pencil fish at the only store that i've seen em in.

fishfantastic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2006
alta. Canada
Another possibility is red tail hemiodus

labeo

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2005
fishfantastic;792089; said:
look up red finned cigar shark. If this is the fish in question i have 1 and they get to 8" and are very nice peaceful fish.
Red finned cigar sharks grow to about 20in not 8in i myself have one well over a foot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store