Brackishwater setup.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hey i am wondering if anyone has experience in keeping yellowfin bream or Acanthopagrus australis; do they need to be kept in total saltwater conditions or can they be kept in brackishwater?.

i wanna setup a 120cm long 60 wide and 70 high aquarium. i wanted to put Acanthopagrus australis, Rhabdosargus sarba, scatophagus argus,a tilapia , an archer fish, arius graeffei and monodactylus argenteus. the tank would have a large rock feature extending 30 cm from the back to front using 2/3's of the lenght goin the full way so to simulate a pilon or such a thing like that.

anyway would a 1400 lph turn over recommended for 400 litre 3 stage canister filter with built in UV sterilzer and a 1100lph recommended for a 600 litre aquarium with built in sterilizer with three stage filration be enough?

do i need a protein skimmer and what is the ideal specific gravity? anyother peice of equipment i need other than filtration lights heating?

is there any plant that i can keep that will live in brackishwater and that can live all of its life in their.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store