Hello

eman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
dallas texas
Hi, My name is Troy. I just bought all that Rob (tankbusters) owned. I do saltwater so I don't know anything about brackish water or fish. When I bought his set-up Rob made me promise to find a good home for his puffer. I know that I need to post 5 times before I can sell anything on this forum. So in the meantime I need to know how to take care of the water and keep this fish healthy until I can find it a home.

Thanks,

Troy

ps. This forum is to deep. I hope I can find this thread tomorrow. :1zhelp:

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Welcome to MFK!!!:headbang2

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
eman;834103; said:
ps. This forum is to deep. I hope I can find this thread tomorrow. :1zhelp:
quick links > my threads

You'll find every thread you start with ease:D

:welcome:

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
did he sell you any used media for teh filters? or is the tank for the most part ready to use?
with brackish water just make sure to keep adding water as it's evaporating, to help keep the salinity down. and change the water probably once a week. (10-30%)
for the puffer you can just feed shrimp and bloodworms to keep his belly full and make sure he doen't bite at anything else that may be in the tank.

just some beginner stuff cause i don't know how much you know already.
:D GL
hope this helps.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Welcome to MFK! Did Rob really sell all of his fish? Or just his brackish fish?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Is he moving? Or getting out of the hobby?

eman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
dallas texas
Rob is moving and he did not want to drag all his stuf across the country. After draging his stuf 50 miles across the metroplex I will make the same decision if I ever move.

Troy

eman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
dallas texas
BIGgourami;834223; said:
did he sell you any used media for teh filters? or is the tank for the most part ready to use?
with brackish water just make sure to keep adding water as it's evaporating, to help keep the salinity down. and change the water probably once a week. (10-30%)
for the puffer you can just feed shrimp and bloodworms to keep his belly full and make sure he doen't bite at anything else that may be in the tank.

just some beginner stuff cause i don't know how much you know already.
:D GL
hope this helps.
I have a wet/dry filter with bioballs on the tank now. I used all new water when I got home so I did not change the flase or wash the balls. The Puffer is in a tank by its self. Rob gave me plenty of food for it. The puffer that I have is a Takifugu Obscurus puffer. This is a very rare fish and I am having a hard time finding any information about this fish. I guess the #1 question that I have is how much salt do I add per gallon of water to have it at 1.012? It took about 3 hrs Saturday night a little at a time to get it there. I don't want to go through 3 hrs of a little more to make the water change water. And for the #2 question Do anyone have any information on this fish?

Thanks,
Troy

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
approx. 4/6ths or 5/8ths of a cup per gallon.
sorry don't know this kind of puffer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store