Brackish tank....

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hey everyone! I just started my first "TRUE" brackish tank! In my 90gal, I have
3 silver scats, 2 green scats, 1 red scat, 2 knight gobies, and 2 Argentinus monos....they are all just around the 1-2" size....

I started feeding them FORMULA 2, which is what the guy at the LFS reccomended, and some basic flake food I already have....

My questions are:
1. should I feed a marine flake food?
2. should I use a vitamin supplement and what kinds are availble?
3. are ZOECON & ZOE MARINE (by kent) suitable supplements?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Jen ;)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Anyone out there that can help me?

Jen

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i feed formula 2 pellet to all of my fish
very healthy!
i even feed it to my fw fish including 1 small ray
i don't like the flake though. look into the formula 2 pellet
if your lfs has the flake they can get the pellet*alot better buy too*
WHERE did you get a ruby scat, i've been looking along time for those :(
zoe is a really good supplement :thumbsup:

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I have had a really hard time finding the ruby scat too...We were at our LFS "HOFFER'S TROPIC LIFE PETS" and low and behold...There it was...All by its lonesome, I could not pass it up! They only had the 1, but it looks great with the silvers and greens I got! Thanks for the info on the food, I will be picking up some of the ZOECON, its for fresh & salt water fish, and it said something about growth on it..I want my new babies to get big and be really healthy!

Jen ;)

(As soon as I am able too, I will be posting pics! Also, I should get my Blk Aro back before christmas...I am really excited! The taxidermist is really great, and he is getting me involved in the process!!!)

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
how much did you pay for the red scat?

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I think it was $8.99...But I think the guy that was helping me ripped me off! They had a sign for the green scats 3 @ $18.99 but by themselves they were only $7.99...I asked if I could get the $18.99 price for the 3 scats I was buying, and he said no...they have to all be green, there was also no price for the ruby scat, so I think he just pulled it out of his ass! I am going back in there to talk to Joe...He is the manager of the fish room, and a friend of mine, he was not working at the time...I guess thats what I get when he's not there! He always get me good prices....
Jen

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
jenBLKAROWANA said:
I think it was $8.99...But I think the guy that was helping me ripped me off! They had a sign for the green scats 3 @ $18.99 but by themselves they were only $7.99...I asked if I could get the $18.99 price for the 3 scats I was buying, and he said no...they have to all be green, there was also no price for the ruby scat, so I think he just pulled it out of his ass! I am going back in there to talk to Joe...He is the manager of the fish room, and a friend of mine, he was not working at the time...I guess thats what I get when he's not there! He always get me good prices....
Jen
even if you did pay 8.99 for it thats still good!

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Really...How much do they go for by you?

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
when i actually saw them....
they went for 29.99 each! and they were tiny " 1.5 to 2.0 inchs :(

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
HOLY COW!!! The ones I have are that size too, but that price...OH MY!!
Jen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store