Got A Question

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Were I work we get datnoids in a good supply. They come in about 2 inches and go for $12. I get a 30% discount so i am debating on picking them up. Ok here is the problem the supplier we get them from says they are brackish water. So my manager puts them in brackish tanks lol. Now my question is this; I am a freshwater setup all the way and really want dats. Is there a way I can make this work for me? I believe it can be done to convert them to brackish but I have never done that and do not know the steps. And my manager is like a brackish fish is a brackish fish,:screwy:

Any help would be great

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
What kind of dat is it? If it's silver they'll like brackish.

Any other type just drip acclimate them for a long time and it will be ok.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
To me it is a wide bar about 3 of them and some standard ones. wide bars are amazing looking at this young. I was thinking using breeder cages with no holes and let add alittle water ever day to the breeder or do i need to set up a tank

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
a 5 hour drip acclimation will be fine.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
rallysman;858697; said:
a 5 hour drip acclimation will be fine.
one last question how would i go about setting this up? sorry i am just new and want to have all the right information and so far you seem like the man to come to

ps how are all your fish doing?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
put the fish and his bag water in a small container (tupperware or something) and make sure the room is fairly warm. Start a siphon from the tank that he will be going into with an air line. Tie a knot in the air line so it drips just a few times a second and let it go for a few hours. When the water level gets high in the tupperware container scoop some out and let it keep going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store