ok so here goes!!

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
alright, ive kept saltwater and freshwater tanks. i would like to do a brackish setup with scats and monos. maybe some archers or puffers. what size tank should i consider doing. i found a 75 with dual overflo (over kill on a 75 IMO) and stand for like 300! what do the profesionals think about this? i have a few options i can transfer my 65 saltwater in the 75 because of the filtration and use a sump instead and keep the canister on the 65!! sound good. let me know. thanks a bunch!!

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
okay, do the basics of a freshwater/ saltwater without going into detail. so basically get the params right, cycle add fish. of course bigger better type of rules should be followed. also most brackishfish produce large amounts of protein rich waste. you can ultimately use a skimmer but if so you would only need a small one not one rated for a 75. also like on most aquariums there is no such thing as overkill for filtration. jjsut follow basic guidelines and you should go right also choose easy to care fish first. i am not an expert in the puffer or common brackishfish department as i only really keep aussie native bracks but start off with easy fish and progress from there.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
just make sure you have enough room for a school of monos, they are pretty active and large.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
yeah i was thinking the 65 would be good for monos, but the more i think about it, it might be to short (lenght). height is fine but if i could do like a 90 or 210 that would be much better. jsut gotta talk the wife into it!! neways thanks for the advice and ill keep in touch and let you know what i do!!

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
the 4x2x1.5 is 84 gallons. the 4x2x2 is around 112 gallons. u need to remember a) that they are schooling so u need to keep that in mind andb) that they like to jang out in the middle but they also like to swim in other parts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store