knight gobie eggs!!!

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My knight gobies are breeding!!! :)

I have never had any experieance with them doing this, this is actually my first pair, and how lucky to get a male & female!!! Last night they were acting really strange....they were in a hole in a rock I have in my brackish tank....They were "dancing" around and then...BAM....eggs! I am not sure how to sex them, but when I fed the tank this morning, one of the parents was eating, and the other one was guarding the eggs....I can't wait for them to hatch...The only problem is that the other fish may try to eat the babies...But then again, they may just be too fast to get eaten!

Thanks for reading this...I am just excited...HAD TO TELL EVERYONE!!!

Jen ;)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Congrats! Well even if you can't tell male from female they can and that is what counts. Good luck!

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Thanks guppy....lol....I did find a web site that shows a male & a female...The fins look different on them....So now I can tell which is guarding the eggs and if they switch off, or if just the one parent stays. I also read the the babies are really hard to feed because they are so small...So I hope that some survive! I wonder how long it takes the eggs to hatch?

Jen ;)

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
a have fish lay eggs before, also with scats in the tank. everytime the scats ate the eggs :(
watch out that! gl

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well, I went home for lunch to see which gobie was a male and which was a female. It looks like the male is guarding the eggs, and the female is just swiming around....I fed them to see if the male would come out to feed...and he darted in and out of the hole grabbing food....This is just really interesting to me....I have only seen some cichlids breed, and they were mouth brooders....

Jen ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store