Am i overstocked?????

pokiey21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2007
missouri
Well finally got the new tank up and running for about 2 months now....75 gallons. And am wondering if i might have gone a little slap happy with stocking.

Currently the it is housing...

3 brackish moray eels
6 mono sebae
3 knight gobies
2 silver-tip sharks
and a handful of ghost shrimp so they all can have something live to chase for food if they like.

Not planning on getting anything else, but was wondering if i already have too many.

Thought i'd include some pics of my new and old babies for everybody. (Eel pics are in a cave i had to dismantel 2 weeks ago due to fear they were going to bust the side of the tank with one of the loose rocks...currently building new one and glueing it together so they can't.......lol)

100_12061.jpg

100_12141.jpg

100_12221.jpg

100_12231.jpg

Scuba Kid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
RI
For now.....no.
Later.....possibly.

The columbian cats all get quite large, as do the monos. For now you're fine, but when those fish start growing it might be tight. Also, keep an eye on the gobies because once the catfish get big enough, they might start disappearing.

Good luck. :)

pokiey21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2007
missouri
Thanx everyone for the help/comments so far.

The cats we're actually not my idea....i've had them before in with the eels and they got eaten so i didn't plan on getting anymore just kinda feel into them when a friend got them for her kids tropical aquarium and i told her they were gonna get big and prob eat all her kids fish....or atleast the babies for now so she asked if i could take them. (to much trouble to take them 30miles back to pet store for her). Not sure how long they're gonna stay though like my gobies better.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Right now its fine. Later on the mono get to 12-14 inches, the shark cats get to 12". as the fish grow, so will your enjoyment of the fish and a 300gallon will in your future:)

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I kept FW moreys for a lot of years and they will do fine in your tank as it is. Like you've already been told...as the fish grow your tank shrinks...but then as any true monsterfishkeeper knows...the next, larger, tank is never very far away.

ABenitez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
that's a really dope looking setup. any tips on setting up and cycling the brackish water as I'm looking into doing the same type of setup?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store