Moving On Up!

pdwds68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2007
Indiana
I have the opportunity to buy a 90 Gallon Cherry tank with stand and hood. I want to do this right from the get go. Would like to set it up with great filter and lighting system. I was thinking of also adding two power heads for water circ. The substrate is going to be a mix of white sand and crushed coral. Light was thinking of using HQ lighting or Orbits. This is going to be a show tank so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plants Magroves? Salinty in current tank is 20- 22 gravity 1.014 and 1.016 so need plants that can take the higher salt.

Wet dry system?
In line UV Light?

How about these

Ok just some quick thoughts

Thanks

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I don't see the necessity for a UV sterilizer..or for that mater a wet dry system in a 90 gallon. A lot of people swear by them...the rest of us swear AT them...personal choice really...Most of the larger cannister or HOB filter systems will provide more than enough water flow on thier own. The plants you decide to use will have a big impact on the lighting so get that all figured out before hand.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
you can use a uv. it does prevent some diseases. i think if you can get one. sg is fine for a mangrove plant. you dont need a wet dry. just shove an fx5, a diatom fileter and a fluidized bed filter. that will do the job of a wetdry and probably more.

pdwds68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2007
Indiana
amehel0;959422; said:
you can use a uv. it does prevent some diseases. i think if you can get one. sg is fine for a mangrove plant. you dont need a wet dry. just shove an fx5, a diatom fileter and a fluidized bed filter. that will do the job of a wetdry and probably more.
Fluidzed bed filter can you explain? I am nt familiar with that ? I currently have a canister on my 75 gallon

Thank you

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
basicly a collum of sand suspended in water. fairly inexpencive and effective once you have it ballanced correctly. As Much as I live the Fx5...thats entirly too much water flow for a 90 gallon tank unless you want your fish swimming furiously to stay in place... a 405 will handle that tank with no problem at all at a third the price...

sixpack_ey

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Louisiana
I (and everyone I have spoken with about this) have been very successful with mangroves for 6 months or a year only to have them die off one by one. Mine did so good for a while- grew about 6 inches in the first 3 months. I would not recommend them. Just a waste of money in my opinion. But, they are great while they last.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I can buy all that stuff wholesale so if I can help send me a PM.... I have never kept brackish but I would recomend a refractometer to check your salinity.

I can get a wet/dry for the price of a canister filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store