poofer died

hemiboo

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
I had two figure 8 puffers in a 20 gal tank. One of them stopped eating and died last week RIP. My question is what else would maek a good tankmate for the solitary poofer. Any thoughts would be a help

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If you have a brackish tank....Get a couple of Knight Gobies....They only get to be about 3" in size, and are a peacful fish!

Jen ;)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yes....I have seen them housed with each other....I have a couple of Knoght Gobies, and I love them...I have them with scats & monos....they would get too big for your 20 gal, but the Gobies would be just fine!

Jen ;)

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Knight gobies are very cool. I had a pair of them in a 60 gallon community tank. I love the fact that they look and swim differently than "typical" fish. I'm thinking about getting a small group of them for my 100.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I just happend to get a male & a female at the LFS....They are soo happy in the 90gal I have them in....They have spawned 2 times already! The eggs never last, but hey...Its cool to watch them "dance" around....

Jen ;)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DeLgAdO said:
your puffers probably died because its teeth got overgrown and it couldnt eat.

puffers teeth need to be checked every month and trimmed when nessesary

WHAT???? I have never ever heard of that.....are you joking?
Jen ;)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
jenBLKAROWANA said:
WHAT???? I have never ever heard of that.....are you joking?
Jen ;)
I did not know they would die from it but I have seen several recomendations to feed them snails and clams that have been cracked but not shucked. Thet need the shell to wear down their teeth.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
guppy said:
I did not know they would die from it but I have seen several recomendations to feed them snails and clams that have been cracked but not shucked. Thet need the shell to wear down their teeth.
i have heard this. did you have the POOFER :D in a freshwater or brackish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store