Lets Show Off those Polypterus!

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
Yup, that looks like a breeding season lapradei boy. Great catch, PhullTank57.

Here are some more (smaller species):
Long finnages senegal

Two palmas pollis (one normal and another dwarf):

Two mokelembembe (male/female):

Nearly stripeless delhezi:

Delhezi with neat stripes:

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
:clap: CDM, you have the finest collection of bichirs in my book. not to mention one of the best fish photographers out there.

never seen a dwarf polli before... looks interesting.
did the tail fin on your mokelembembe heal up ok? looks like there is a big chunk missing.
the long fin senegal kicks but.. i request a video of it swimming. i bet it looks graceful.

keep the pics coming... ill post some if my new aquarium ever gets delivered (its 2 weeks over due :( )

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
XRAYZ;521361; said:
:clap: CDM, you have the finest collection of bichirs in my book. not to mention one of the best fish photographers out there.

never seen a dwarf polli before... looks interesting.
did the tail fin on your mokelembembe heal up ok? looks like there is a big chunk missing.
the long fin senegal kicks but.. i request a video of it swimming. i bet it looks graceful.

keep the pics coming... ill post some if my new aquarium ever gets delivered (its 2 weeks over due :( )
You guys there have higher chance than me to collect more species, since our importers don't want to risk on big container demanding fishes, unless it's highly profitable.
That dwarf polli looks normal in shape, but, just never grew since 7". You are good to notice that chunk missing of the female mokelembembe. That happened during transporting from US to TW to my house. In fact, both were from Toyin. The chunk is growing back, but very slow. I've provided some rock sites for them, and ever since then, I have no chance to take any photos for them. I will try to take video for it, but, don't count on that.:D

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
CDM... you got your mokelembembe from Toyin? me too :)

the colors on mine look quite different then yours though. i wonder if it is a locale varient or just the difference in substrate enhancing colors. yours seem to be quite brown, while mine has more green.

here is a couple pics of mine. the last pic is after i recieved him from the airport...right out of the bag.

retro08pp.jpg

retro011pp.jpg

retropa.jpg

retropb.jpg

Reactions: Wannabe Poly Guy

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
CDM's stuff is the balls. that tig still freaks me out. keep the polys commin guys.

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
XRAYZ;521846; said:
CDM... you got your mokelembembe from Toyin? me too :)

the colors on mine look quite different then yours though. i wonder if it is a locale varient or just the difference in substrate enhancing colors. yours seem to be quite brown, while mine has more green.

here is a couple pics of mine. the last pic is after i recieved him from the airport...right out of the bag.
Yup, luckily, I know a fish magzine guy who's also an importer and we are proceeding a bichir related project. Can tell from the photos that you've successfully pumped yours up. I bet the color difference mostly comes from the flash lighting methods for photography, I can still tell the brownish from yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store