Venting

baxtor_lex

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
www.facebook.com
What am i looking for when venting a convict? i know with some bits you can tell just by getting the out and looking? Im hoping its male, most of you think it is, but would like confirmation really

Thanks

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Ugh, sorry, that must be what people call, marbled? Yikes!

Convicts are very horny, just put in a Male and Female convict in the tank...you'll find out then.

cage623

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2011
Iowa
I would say I am almost positive it is a male. However I will say that I have less experience with marbled cons. Mostly going off the fact that there is no coloration of the belly and the longer fins are also male traits.

But with venting most people on forums like to say "males = o o, females = o 0." This refers to the anus being about the same size of the vent in males and females having larger vents then the size of their anus. The anus will be closer to the head on fish. Also with females the vent might look like it is slightly protruding when you are looking at the fish from the side or profile. This is especially true when they are closer to spawning.

How large are is your con? Do you have anyother cons or tankmates with it?

Good luck and if you could get better pics or pics of the vent we might be able to help you.

-Cage

baxtor_lex

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
www.facebook.com
Hope so! its only about a 1" tho...... you seem quite experience (im talking to someone else who says male) i hope it is, nothing again females, but i want like a main larger fish for my tank

cacichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
FL
You were already told it's a male. All you're doing now is stressing the poor thing and wasting time. Maybe next time order a DNA test. Good luck w that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store