One 1,000G Indoor Monsterfish Pond Coming Up! (Ghetto Style)

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
why did u remove pebbles, looked really cool.
I decided to prioritize hygiene over aesthetics, it did look cool, but I noticed that any kind of decorative fixture in the pond including pebbles and gravel becomes a trap for dirt and debris. Any kind of crevice created by any kind of immobile item becomes a place where poop and other matter hang out and mess up my otherwise crystal clear water.

I take great pride in my water being pristine and clear, poop is quickly blown into the intake of the two pumps by a power head that is positioned at the bottom of the pond.

I perform 30-50% water changes at least once a month. I feed by fish 1-3x a week, depending solely on my mood. ;)

Currently my other 30" aro has been fasting for a month of two, just decided to go on a diet, as in he avoids food altogether, whereas before he could down 4-5 3-4" frozen fish at a time, we'll see how long it will last.

Rhodes09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Terrible news about the leak, but glad to hear you regained your sanity and jumped back in the hobby. You are truly an inspiring aquarist and I have high expectations for the continuation of this thread!! :drool:

Gandalf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Miami
I'm planning on doing a pond exactly like yours very soon (index pool). What is your top liner? I would really like to use one just like it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store