New salvini , will this one have red belly??

savageee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
fresno
hey guys my salvini is around 2.5 inches and i seen some salvinis with red belly and i really like those ones alot , doesnt look like mines will tho :( , are the red bellies more in male or female? or is it different strains? here are some pics of my salvini let me know what you guys think? will it get some red over time as it grows? considering its still very small

salvini2.jpg

salvini3.jpg

salvini4.jpg

real salivini1.jpg

savageee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
fresno
Thanks , I got her at a lfs in Fresno . Do you think she'll start getting more red in her belly? Maybe I should get a male for her and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
They usually show red when they're ready to spawn. But there are some strains of salvini that don't show red at all. I had a pair that was insanely yellow and have massive blue Spangling all over but only spots of red shown.

ToyotaNation

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2011
in my Tegu's cage
By chance did you notice the baby jag mixed in with the sals? Lol anyway I know a guy who bought a couple sals from I think that same batch at whities and their colors are absolutely amazing to me. Very vibrant. So you might be in luck. I'm thinking about picking up some sals too!

Sent from my DROID X2

savageee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
fresno
Yeah I got the one with best color from whities they had a whole bunch that just came in , I'ma go today and pickup a male. What are the keys to look for when choosing a male?

savageee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
fresno
They usually show red when they're ready to spawn. But there are some strains of salvini that don't show red at all. I had a pair that was insanely yellow and have massive blue Spangling all over but only spots of red shown.

Yeah I seen the video of your salvini very nice! Did they have a successful spawn?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store