Stingrays Fire Eels Tyre Track Eels & Clown Loaches

toyasin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.facebook.com
A new setup a new tank and most of all new stock of fish.... This time I have two Motoro Stingrays, Two Fire Eels, Two Tyre Track Eels, and Six Clown Loaches...... and this is the first time that I have stocked these species and still I am facing the feeding issues with the eels....

[video=youtube_share;qjB9PM8qQkY]http://youtu.be/qjB9PM8qQkY[/video]

Regards, YASIN

toyasin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.facebook.com
Nice eels! I would give them some place to hide though like pvc tubes.

@Jacob66, thanks sir, yea the eels are really in good size and health and i had put PVC pipes in the tank as their rest place but they don't look nice that's why i have got them out.... if you have any other suggestion for some thing to make their hiding place???

Jacob66

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
MI
I've tried setting up rocks certain ways to create hiding spaces for my eels in the past but ultimately they have like pvc tubes more than anything else, so thats all I use now. I did however have a little success with slate rock. I would just slightly elevate one side so they could squeeze under and hide.

toyasin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.facebook.com
@Jacob66 Thanks very much sir for your advice and sharing your experience and after your advice i have settled the PVC tubes in my tank and now the eels are living happily :)

dinhy34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
for my spiny eels i feed them worms. at small size i start them off with black trout worm found at walmart (cut to pieces) or blood worms. move up to whole worm then night crawlers. I have gravel in my tank so they are always hiding with only their head stinking out. I used to do the PVC pipe housing but it really bugged me when i looked at my tank...it just didnt fit haha. You are going to have to find a way to feed the eels first before the rays get to eat.

ufarooqi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Pakistan
Beautiful setup Yasin, love the motoros, i had tire track eels and i use to feed them sinking pallets from Hikari, worked very well, try it your rays will love them too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

toyasin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.facebook.com
for my spiny eels i feed them worms. at small size i start them off with black trout worm found at walmart (cut to pieces) or blood worms. move up to whole worm then night crawlers. I have gravel in my tank so they are always hiding with only their head stinking out. I used to do the PVC pipe housing but it really bugged me when i looked at my tank...it just didnt fit haha. You are going to have to find a way to feed the eels first before the rays get to eat.

@dinhy34, many thanks for the advice sir.... the eels are healthy... but still not feeding any food except earthworms... which they love to eat... but it is real hard for me to find anymore earthworms in my garden.... anyways i colored the PVC pipes and now they look beautiful in the tank...

toyasin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.facebook.com
Beautiful setup Yasin, love the motoros, i had tire track eels and i use to feed them sinking pallets from Hikari, worked very well, try it your rays will love them too.

@ufarooqi, many thanks for the advice sir, sorry about the motoros as they died for unknown reason... anyways it happens... as far as the hikari is concerned it didn't work the eels only want to have earthworms....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store