What happen to The Panama Green Umbee

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
I remember like 2009 when you where able to find these beast, or at least know some one with fry. but for the past year a cant find anything on these guys. I know GMfishnut had a pair and I believe lopaka had a big male but havent heard much about them in a while. Anyone want to chime in on where i can find them or the reasons why we cant find them?

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I made a thread asking the exact same thing and everyone started arguing and it got closed. So maybe people can keep this one civil lol.

I think one obvious answer is that people kill them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Not true , if you look at GMfishnut's old pair they look incredible. I hope there isn't any childish talk that will close this thread, but that was because of the black Umbee talk. I want some Greens

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I made a thread asking the exact same thing and everyone started arguing and it got closed. So maybe people can keep this one civil lol.

I think one obvious answer is that people kill them.

I remember that one. I was kinda hoping for an answer myself

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
That was pretty much my conclusion. Umbee seem to be sort of a specialty fish and most people don't have the means to successfully keep them long term. Evidence would be Rapps told me he sold thousands of this Panama strain... and how many are still around?

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
That was pretty much my conclusion. Umbee seem to be sort of a specialty fish and most people don't have the means to successfully keep them long term. Evidence would be Rapps told me he sold thousands of this Panama strain... and how many are still around?

Also a good share of people that may still have them probably are embarrassed to show their huge monster fish in such a small tank. By now any that are still around we be massive.

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
I mean it shouldnt be hard to get some of these fish if alot more people draw interest, trust me if I get a pair FRY fo Everyone lol:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store