Are there any actual red "red devils"?

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
Are there any actual red "red devils"? Im talking about red not orange or yellow.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
If you want true red red devil, you have to get King Kong or Mammon Parrots, which are Asian creation. They are impoved blood parrots without the deformed mouth, but the body is still shorter than normal. Red is luck in Asian culture and so they have been selectively breeding the reddest fish. Contrary to rumor, parrots are not hybrid but mutant deformed red devil, sort like EBJD. However, getting them is not easy unless you live close to Chinatown fish stores or purchase them through mail. Most LFSs and Petsmart carry only low grade blood parrots.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I've asked this, and nobody could show me a real red one. There is one in the old Burgess (?) Atlas, but nobody has shown me a really red one.
I'd love to see some, too.
And, no, we are not talking about hybrids or parrots, which are still orange, anyway.

Glasman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
Kentucky
Those still look quite orange to me, awesome fish but not really red. But then again caucasin people aren't really white, and african americas aren't black.
It would be awesome to see some as red as say a Flame Angel.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Most of them loose the red when growing.

I will try to post a red Midas later on, a grown one, which I owned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store