If you use a Python Water Change system, then I have a question for you..

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Ok, but something is still not sitting right with me. If I use a python and pour and amount of de-cholr in the tank before I re-fill, everything should be ok, even if I just treat for the, oh, say for example 20, 30 gallons I take out and not the whole tank.

Just doesn't sound right. But is it? There is NO WAY im treating the whole tank on each water change, no way. Would that exclude me from using a python?
Dosing the whole tank allows the chloramines to be neutralized faster. If you have extremely sensitive species or fish on there deathbed you best dose for the whole tank.

Dosing the whole tank allows the chloramines to be neutralized faster. If you have extremely sensitive species or fish on there deathbed you best dose for the whole tank.
Dose the whole tank? No way, no way. I'm not made of money dude! :)

Maybe i'll just use the python as a drain, and refill using the buckets.

or read my post. of course it's only been working for me for 20 some years.
So I shouldn't be wary of it then? How do you know its mixed? Do you shut off your filters during?

cambo01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
chesterfield uk
Just buy seachem safe. Seachem safe is bulk prime in a powderous form. Prime is just overpriced, dilluted safe. A 40$ safe purchase is enough for your entire lifes-worth of water changes. It can treat over 1 million gallons of water.
Never used sachem safe

How much do you get for 40$? I might try it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
How does your beneficial bacteria live then?

With me, I can sometimes smell the chlorine as it comes out of the tap..
as long as you dont clean your filter pads, take out the substrate and the decorations at the same time...it will be ok.

now if you do a huge water change and take out all the stuff....your fish will be gasping at the surface.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store