Aquatic forest!

tyjo1334

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2009
around the corner from the LFS
What do you guys do with your plants once over grown? Throw them away? I'm at the point where I can't replant anymore plants definitely need removed! uploadfromtaptalk1367076208322.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Lol that really is a forest. Maybe trim them and toss the trimmings out.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Feed them to my severums and silver dollars. Just pulled 2 17" tall by 12" wide amazon swords out of my 36g planted because I'm changing things up.

BrokenRiceCooker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2012
USA
I throw my trimmings into a small pond I have outside. My water wisteria looks so different from the one in the tank. It's grown out and over the pot and has purple flowers. Oddly enough, anymore trimmings I throw out melts away:confused: You could always start another plant tank;)

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
I used to put my cuttings outside to grow but have no where outside now to put them, so I'm just waiting until I move. Awesome tank by the way and wish mine had as many plants. Never had much luck with grasses sadly though...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tyjo1334

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2009
around the corner from the LFS
Here is a updated shot I trimmed about 16" of vallisneria Americana as well as about 10"-12" of Vallisneria spiralis "Tiger" that is planted in the center of my drift wood. Those all will grow back very fast and I didn't remove any actual runners. I also cut and replanted two trimmings of another plant that I just can't seem to remember the name of but anyways here is the picture after the lawn service came through with the weed wacker (-:

uploadfromtaptalk1367130100122.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store