Homeowners,how much are your property taxes and which services do you receive?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
10k here in SoCal😢
(Been here 6-7 yrs, could of built the tank of my dreams with the works😩)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sumo has your mortgage payment ever gone up at some point since you've closed on your home?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
no, and when it did change it went down but very little

and then I refinanced last year.

the value of my house has not changed much though since I've been here. why? what about yours?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,not sure what Jay was getting at but here the politicians have recently implemented a new system to re evaluate everyone's homes for tax purposes and almost everyone's homes have been determined be valued more than they previously were so the property taxes were raised accordingly...higher taxes,higher mortgage unless the tax bill is paid separately.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Well,not sure what Jay was getting at but here the politicians have recently implemented a new system to re evaluate everyone's homes for tax purposes and almost everyone's homes have been determined be valued more than they previously were so the property taxes were raised accordingly...higher taxes,higher mortgage unless the tax bill is paid separately.
It is very expensive for a large city or municipality to do a reevaluation for tax purposes on all homes. It is not done very often.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ

You can fight the reevaluation if they over value your home with an independent appraisal

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It is very expensive for a large city or municipality to do a reevaluation for tax purposes on all homes. It is not done very often.
I imagine it would be expensive but perhaps they figure the extra revenue will more than cover it.They did claim that a change was needed from the way things were.
You can fight the reevaluation if they over value your home with an independent appraisal
That sounds like something to look into.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
can you elaborate?

is it more to do this than to pay the lump sum?
I believe the mortgage add some interest in it (whatever the interest you pay on your mortgage), but honestly, I rather go that route and have a peace of mind than have to worry on every April and November to come up with the cash.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Here only if you request for a re evaluate (usually only people who paid more than the value of the house, bought it when it was peak, before the bubble was bust) or when you remodel/add room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store