Nitrate ?

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
Funny you said that cuz I actually had an argument about that on planet catfish....they swore minimum tank requirements for an O is 8 ft.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Whatever ;).

I'm sure people are well intentioned but it's to a point where the tank police are really turning off people to otherwise useful sites.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yoooooooo the 55 is almost there the 40 is a mess.... fish were sick I think the meds killed my bb no big deal gonna try tetra safe start.
The 55 after 1 week of stability is getting nitrite and nitrate.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Yoooooooo the 55 is almost there the 40 is a mess.... fish were sick I think the meds killed my bb no big deal gonna try tetra safe start.
The 55 after 1 week of stability is getting nitrite and nitrate.

Rough, I'm having a hard time as well. Tried to move other fish noticed parasite on one, one looks like his skin is falling off. No dead fish yet. So that's good. But they aren't looking good

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Rough, I'm having a hard time as well. Tried to move other fish noticed parasite on one, one looks like his skin is falling off. No dead fish yet. So that's good. But they aren't looking good
Man someone jinxed us what are you treating with ? I am using parasite gaurd do you jave a quarantine tank? I dont

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Tetra Safe Start is good stuff. I cycled a new tank with it because LFS guy SWORE by it. I gotta say, it worked great. Dumped the stuff in the water one time, didn't do any WCs, all the fish lived. Never saw any nitrites, ammonia stayed around .25-.50 ppm, 3 weeks later started getting Nitrate readings. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. I thought sure I got scammed out of $20.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Man someone jinxed us what are you treating with ? I am using parasite gaurd do you jave a quarantine tank? I dont

I had a parasite on my aro approx. A month or so ago, used prazi once it was gone 2 days later. Now my clown knife has the same parasite on it, treated it last week, still there. Second dose yesterday still on it... added salt to all my tanks. Temps at 82° .....no quarantine tank

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Did it mess up your cycle ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store