Goonch keepers I need your help! For the sake of Science!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Have I commented on that fish before? In these pics, it certainly doesn't look B bagarius to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
No. I just got it on Saturday and the guy I got it from only had it for a week. I knew it wasn't what we considered a B. bagarius (HLG) but a lot of suppliers still label them as that if it doesn't match what they think is a rutilus or "Thai yarelli." At least the ones I know.
I personally think it resembles a ruti but I'm not 100% on that. There's obvious traits like the extremely heavy freckling that makes me 2nd guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
No. I just got it on Saturday and the guy I got it from only had it for a week. I knew it wasn't what we considered a B. bagarius (HLG) but a lot of suppliers still label them as that if it doesn't match what they think is a rutilus or "Thai yarelli." At least the ones I know.
I personally think it resembles a ruti but I'm not 100% on that. There's obvious traits like the extremely heavy freckling that makes me 2nd guess.

Let's see how the color grows out within the next few months

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm thinking lica on that one. Big, fat, numerous spots; cheek tubercles; 'sausage' shaped body, small fins. But yes, definitely wait and see. Lica is best known from Borneo, but there are confirmed populations on the extreme southeast of the mainland.

Matt?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Id be stoked if it was a lica! It's only like 4" right now and hasn't eaten for me yet :/ I'm probably gonna give in and grab some feeders tomorrow just so I can make sure its healthy and eating before I try again to get it on dead then pellets

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well, that could change things. I figured it was the typical 8-10" goonch import. It may well end up being... something else. I'll call this one a wait and see fish. ID isn't really possible until they're about 8-10" anyway.

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Well, that could change things. I figured it was the typical 8-10" goonch import. It may well end up being... something else. I'll call this one a wait and see fish. ID isn't really possible until they're about 8-10" anyway.
+1

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store