Project 365 is a go!

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Tough choices... I feel like it's a cliffhanger at the end of a movie. I'll have to stay tuned to find out what you do.

tcfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Florida
OMG this is a train wreak about to happen, this tank is a nightmare about to happen. If the top just pops off like that believe me the rest can pop apart like that also ,not prepped right, and not glued right,t top is also not braced right, this tank bad news .Any body that tells you gluing or as it is called welding this is a piece of cake let them get a hold of me here and we can debate it.SORRY you can not reseal a acrylic tank buy putting number 4 like water thin solvent around or #16 or 2 part 40.different cast acrylics and there thickness determines the glue. I have fixed other crap acrylic jobs with minor leaks with a square acrylic rod and 40 but with this tank, put frogs or a snake in it.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well then. Lol.

I'm always open to input, but that post seemed a bit rant-y for my taste. Why do you feel as though this tank isn't properly braced? Why do you feel as though this tank is poorly constructed? It held water for 15 years, it stands to reason that it isn't that badly put together.

Could you please be so kind as to justify your claims so that I can see things from your perspective?

tcfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Florida
Sorry did not mean to come of that way ,I have been in the acrylic and tank building business a long time ,I do get agitated when I see shoddy builds .I do and have liked to educate people on acrylic tanks as there is not much good info out there. Held water a full fifteen years HMM. ok next problem that can be encountered with holding water that long than sitting in the heat like a garage is swelling and shrinkage,[ a cheap acrylic ,not all acrylic is created equal,] will make the seams pop apart when you fill it with water.AS for the top you never cut angles in the corners you make them rounded sorry a middle brace would also ad strength to a tank that I bet this tank has a hell of a bow when full of water.Sorry I am not trying to make you feel bad I would like to help you out, don't want to have you end up with a room full of water

tcfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Florida
I went back and looked at the photos ,maybe I was out of line.Sorry guy I would not set that tank up in my ex bosses house. who ever made that tank should be slapped.That tank should be at least 1inch thick 36x36 x65 also that top was glued wrong and the sides were cut wrong that were to be glued to the top.acrylic done right just dosent come apart

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well damn.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Wednesday?

Even if I can't put this in my living room, I can still find a use for it I'm sure. I might just need to revisit the idea of the 510. In a worst case scenario, I can cannibalize the acrylic I suppose.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think he means could you take a window out to fit it in rob ? Window units aren't too difficult to remove especially PVC ones , they'll just be screwed into the walls from the sides of the frame , if you do decide to do this make sure you reseal the frame up both sides once screwed back in place or you'll have damp problems inside
good luck whatever you decide to do its a great looking tank be a shame if you couldn't think of a solution to get it up and running

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store