New Polys

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Just got some new ones. They are acclimating as I type. I'll post some pics later of them in the tank, but what's the fun if there's no guessing. Only hint is they are both lower jaws, and that there was a thread a few months back about trying to distinguish the two. image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Guess congicus and lap????

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
What I got was an .sp Dabola and endlicheri sp. dabola. From toyin himself. I'll get some pictures up later they're still settling in. I'll also post up a little more on the differences and what he told me the differences were when I post the pics of.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Awesome grabs dr b!! Definitely keep us posted.

I'm curious to see how the endli sp Dabola will turn out.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg a few in tank pics from last night when I put them in. I'll update when they settle in.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
What toyin told me is that the endlicheri sp. dabola is an endlicheri caught from the tinkisso river in Dabola, and the Sp. Dabola is a lapradei type caught from the same area. The Sp. Dabola pattern wise looks like a perfect mix between endlicheri and lapradei while having a somewhat lap type head shape (however it still looks a little different to me for reasons I still can't quite justify). The Endlicheri maintains endlicheri type patternation as well as an endli head, however it's head shape still seems different to me as well. I think it's flatter, but will have to have a few more nights until I can put all the differences together. I have high hopes for the Sp. Dabola as if it settles in could look very nice, and also think that the endlicheri Sp. Dabola will look very nice as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store