Where to get Arowanas in US?

mattsoccer20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2011
Brighton MI
Hi i am new to Arowanas and i am thinking about getting one but i dont know where to get them in the US? I heard something about certain ones being illegal? I can find silver ones but I want one of the unique looking ones, any help to where i can purchase one in the US? Thanks!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Asian aro's are banned in the US so its silvers , blacks or jardini and lei's available, still great looking arowana though :)

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Wetspottropicalfish.com gets them in occasionally and their stock has always been healthy when I have ordered from them.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm in the UK so I'm not much use sorry :D
I knew these guys would help you out though

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Been looking for a Lei since mine bit the dust...I guess I'll have to wait for next season as availability is non-existent.

Matt, although I think you've got some choices for other legal options from the provided sites :)

mattsoccer20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2011
Brighton MI
Been looking for a Lei since mine bit the dust...I guess I'll have to wait for next season as availability is non-existent.

Matt, although I think you've got some choices for other legal options from the provided sites :)
Thanks i wish i could get some of the illegal ones honestly lol. They are much nicer i think, but not sure how i would get one lol

mattsoccer20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2011
Brighton MI
Wait anyone know if the Red tail Golden Arowana is considered asian, or one of the illegal ones? That one may be my favorite. I feel like the Red aro's (even tho illegal to get anyways) are only red under pink/red lighting??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store