Wow, she's huge!
Love the "pup cam"

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
HUUUUUUGE. Haha nice man. Blackie's are taking a while lately, I know keepinfish keepinfish just waited close to 150 days, mine was 151, think someone else said 140 plus the other day. But with those humps could be any second, good luck!
I noticed that too. Strange so many of us are having late litters at the same time. There has to be something to it..

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I noticed that too. Strange so many of us are having late litters at the same time. There has to be something to it..
I'm not too sure it's "late". At first I thought the same as you, but i think environment varies so much between us I think it is something else. Personally I think so many more people are breeding now,before we had little information about a gestation "range" and I think now we are figuring out a better idea of of norm. 5 years ago who is to say where the info was coming from, and lot of people were hush hush about it. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not that deep into it just my 2 pennies, if you are right and there is some sort of global factor causing longer gestation I would see that as very important to research.

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I'm not too sure it's "late". At first I thought the same as you, but i think environment varies so much between us I think it is something else. Personally I think so many more people are breeding now,before we had little information about a gestation "range" and I think now we are figuring out a better idea of of norm. 5 years ago who is to say where the info was coming from, and lot of people were hush hush about it. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not that deep into it just my 2 pennies, if you are right and there is some sort of global factor causing longer gestation I would see that as very important to research.
I doubt there is anything global or regional going on. I'm just being impatient and have been stalking everyone else's gestation time and noticed there seems to be a few of us, as of late. I know to the day when she got spiked. I have it on video so i am excited not to have to guess for once.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store