New Year New Start...Frontosa Aquarium

Hamza

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
India
Hi all
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year
I have a 7 foot aquarium which was a south american for around 7 years but then started to loose fish due to age.Instead of continuing with the theme decided to give it a complete makeover.I was very keen not to use wood in it as the tank always had tons of it.
While giving it a long and hard though i decided to keep Frontosas/Gibberosas..one fish that i have always wanted to keep but never had the chance to.So here goes.let me know what you all think of it.

Thanks
Hamza

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Very nice! I'm starting to like some African cichlids and frontosa are high on the list. Lovely tank.

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Congratulations on your first Cyphotilapia tank! You did an outstanding job. Always love to see new "front" tanks. They are a magnificent & graceful species.

Hamza

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
India
Thank you.These were sold as mpimbwe.Iam tempted to increase my colony size by another 3 or 4

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Mpimbwe was my first Cyphotilapia group. They are a beautiful variant and one of the more social (less shy) ones too.

Percy Mitchell

Exodon
MFK Member
Looks lovely. I quite like the rocks which you have used Hamza. One thing that worries me in a lot of tanks is the lack of sufficient oxygen and I don't see evidence of much in yours or am I missing something?

It is virtually impossible to over saturate the water with oxygen which is so important for the bacteria in your bio filters as well as for the general well being of the fish.

Hamza

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
India
Thank you all for the kind words
The tank has a massive filtration of 4000l/h This keeps a gentle ripple all over the tank and keeps it well oxygenated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store