Need some aquascaping input please

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looking good convict its been a while since I scaped a tank , all I've managed to do with my current tank is tie Java to a chunk of bogwood and throw a few floating plants in that seem to have started growing well now , very lazy approach but my fish will just distroy any arrangements I make lol

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Looking good convict its been a while since I scaped a tank , all I've managed to do with my current tank is tie Java to a chunk of bogwood and throw a few floating plants in that seem to have started growing well now , very lazy approach but my fish will just distroy any arrangements I make lol
Did you post some recent pics up? :)

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
Good evening guys and girls!

So, having recently added a lot of plants to my tank (which worked well for a while); it now looks like a riot, due to the elodea etc detaching from their anchors and floating around the place.

I've added my silver dollars back into the mix, in the hopes that they'll eat either most or all of it away in the next week or so, hopefully leaving me my anubias to work around.

Current stock is my BP, 5x silver dollars, then a selection of barbs, danios, and corydoras.

I feel like the current wood etc is very kind of blunt, with 3 stand alone pieces. The middle piece looks good, but it looks quite forced.

Ideally I'd quite like to see a natural looking wood set up, I've seen some amazing scapes on here with wood extending from the top of the tank in branches, down to the bottom.

Anyway, pics attached; appreciate any ideas that will help give it a refresh!

View attachment 1151399

View attachment 1151400

View attachment 1151401
I would bring the drift wood to the foreground and add some medium sized, medium to dark colored rocks....one or two....otherwise, looks nice.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Wow! IDK!? But Your tank is looking mighty niiiice! LOVE it, the parrot is looking right at the camera, kewl!
Thanks mate! I added a new parrot tonight that my dad wanted me to take, bit of an initiation by fire from my big parrot; hopefully it settles down and they get on OK lol

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
The current result looks to be a good improvement (not that the original was bad). Perhaps it's the different scape, but the tank looks cleaner too- water change? I was going ask that your BP changed colors, until I read you got a new one. What happened to the earlier BP...LOL...he get kicked out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store