Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Never overlook urban areas when it comes to fishing, I live in Hong Kong and it is indeed an urban area. However, if you look past the city and all it's skyscrapers you will find good waters. Fishing in Hong Kong is all about being resourceful, make do with what you have. As impossible as it may seem, flyfishing is possible in Hong Kong. We have stocked pond fishing, some great saltwater fishing, and also reservoirs. If you do look around enough, you will find mountain streams that hold good fish. Back casting is the main issue when it comes to flyfishing over here because most streams are under trees and usually have trees on both sides, roll casting is possible but very difficult. Here are two catches that I decided to share with you all. Pacu On Spoon.JPG
This is a Pacu, we have these in stocked ponds and they hit anything shiny. Occasionally they hit poppers.

Stream Fish Flyfishing.JPG
This is a non-native stream fish released into our reservoirs, this one swam upstream and I met it quite far into the upper course of a river. On a four weight rod it wasn't that much of a fight, but I am sure that these will be something on a six foot two weight. Tenkara is also a great way to fish in these streams.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
In areas with little space to cast I will use a spool of line instead of a pole, this is how I fished before I had a pole

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Went fishing with a rc boat today, didn't catch any fish but saw a mink,and a silver colored groundhog, the area isn't great fish habitat

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
funny, I saw a mink, (I originally thought it was a small otter) when I fishing the other day,
I didn't know what it was until I looked it up the, but I've never fishing using an RC boat, sounds interesting. 15lbs for a rainbow!? was it stocked or wild?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah I chose it to fish under a bridge, I also like it bcuz it gets fish attention and they follow it

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
The 15 pound rainbow was stocked, they grow quite large when fed and kept at proper tempature, if u have the equipment, a 20 plus pound rainbow can be grown in a few years or months

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store