12x8x8

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I can do driftwood too, but I would prefer not to use live plants.
You don't need plants (although Bruce would wedge himself in the leaves of mine as he got older and less active) just something for him to explore. :)

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
That tank looks pretty tall considering what it is. Just stack driftwood up and up and up to create little crannies and caves for him to explore. Just make sure they're not to small for him to get wedged in. :)
It was my first tank, back when I knew nothing about fish. I wouldn't even call it my first tank, because
I was nowhere near as involved with that as I was with my 20g when I got it a couple years later.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Roots-3...51948&sr=1-25-spons&keywords=betta+tank&psc=1

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
It was my first tank, back when I knew nothing about fish. I wouldn't even call it my first tank, because it was nowhere near as involved with that as I was with my 20g when I got it a couple years later.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Roots-3...51948&sr=1-25-spons&keywords=betta+tank&psc=1
We all start somewhere. :) I'm one of the only people I know that knew about the nitrogen cycle before I actually kept fish (family members had fish) aside from the few people who asked me to help them set up a tank. Otherwise I don't think I know anyone irl who had any idea of what they were doing with their first tank.

Also, convict360 convict360 sorry for hijacking your thread with betta talk. :D

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
We all start somewhere. :) I'm one of the only people I know that knew about the nitrogen cycle before I actually kept fish (family members had fish) aside from the few people who asked me to help them set up a tank. Otherwise I don't think I know anyone irl who had any idea of what they were doing with their first tank.

Lol. I have a few rock pieces and a bit of planting. I have a feeling that he is getting old now since he is not near as busy as he used to be and at 6cm is pretty hefty compared to others i have seen.

If i can scape (hehe) the money together then i want to get a tank no more than 20 gallons to keep a nice scape, the khuli (and the friends i am getting soon) with some other fish. Maybe later this year

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia

I don't think he cares after having this thread hijacked at least 3 times (not keeping track, just off the top of my head).

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
To weigh in on the Betta's, surface area is imo far more important than height for them. 7-8 inches height, and you're good, dedicate the rest of the tank volume to length and width. Something I've been looking for a while, but haven't found, is a 20ish litre low cylinder if that makes sense? Like a mini pond. Could do loads of floating plants etc, Betta would love it

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
To weigh in on the Betta's, surface area is imo far more important than height for them. 7-8 inches height, and you're good, dedicate the rest of the tank volume to length and width. Something I've been looking for a while, but haven't found, is a 20ish litre low cylinder if that makes sense? Like a mini pond. Could do loads of floating plants etc, Betta would love it
My friend has one of these. Not necessarily low, but it's 22 liters, which is right around what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Marineland-P...=1472252903&sr=8-2&keywords=cylinder+aquarium

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The only reason he's in that tank is because it's just what I had laying around.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Floating plants are so hard to find here. My one teacher has a breeder style tank (very big Base vs height). I need to ask him where he gets them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store