Do NOT Like option?

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; I look at the "like" button this way. If a post is run of the mill or not a good zinger I just read it. The last few posts in this thread are examples. OK posts but do not get a like. I have even posted in among them so they are in no way worthless.

I use the "like" button in more than one way. Sometimes I find a post truly informative or interesting and there is really nothing needed to be added about it. A true "gem."

I also "like" posts that grind someone's post I do not like. That way I can piggy back on their verbal venom and also show they are not alone in a concept or view point.

If there ever is a "dislike button" I will use it, maybe too much. Say for those threads that ask for advice but the OP is not willing to do much work up front. It can take many pages of posts to eventually get enough decent data as they sort of dribble it out. They should do some research but must be too lazy and want the rest of us to the work for them.

Or the OP who makes several threads over time on the same issue. I guess the first thread or two gets to a conclusion they do not like. For example their tank is way overstocked or they have bad source water. It is almost like they expect a different answer if they describe the problem in a different way in a new thread.

Maybe the worst are those who use long run on sentences, paragraphs with no breaks and wording hard to follow.

So if my vote counts, I am for an "unlike button".

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I think the unlike button is a great idea.
I don't understand why it's not already in place.
I think RD 's too pc comment was right.
Everybody likes to wrap each other in cotton wool these days.

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
hello; I look at the "like" button this way. If a post is run of the mill or not a good zinger I just read it. The last few posts in this thread are examples. OK posts but do not get a like. I have even posted in among them so they are in no way worthless.

I use the "like" button in more than one way. Sometimes I find a post truly informative or interesting and there is really nothing needed to be added about it. A true "gem."

I also "like" posts that grind someone's post I do not like. That way I can piggy back on their verbal venom and also show they are not alone in a concept or view point.

If there ever is a "dislike button" I will use it, maybe too much. Say for those threads that ask for advice but the OP is not willing to do much work up front. It can take many pages of posts to eventually get enough decent data as they sort of dribble it out. They should do some research but must be too lazy and want the rest of us to the work for them.

Or the OP who makes several threads over time on the same issue. I guess the first thread or two gets to a conclusion they do not like. For example their tank is way overstocked or they have bad source water. It is almost like they expect a different answer if they describe the problem in a different way in a new thread.

Maybe the worst are those who use long run on sentences, paragraphs with no breaks and wording hard to follow.

So if my vote counts, I am for an "unlike button".
I think the unlike button is a great idea.
I don't understand why it's not already in place.
I think RD 's too pc comment was right.
Everybody likes to wrap each other in cotton wool these days.
*These posts have been disliked*

Reactions: skjl47

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I like to hear myself talk so I would rather write a comment than push a button. Of coarse one can can push peoples buttons writing a comment. It is just more fun pushing buttons when others can read what you really mean.

Reactions: skjl47

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I absolutely would use a dislike button....allot. the ignore button is just plain idiotic.

Lmao. Bullying!?!? Is mfk a safe space now?
Yes i ventured out to some of the subforums earlier and my lord whats with all the new snowflakes....

To hell with safe places

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
The ignore button really confuses me. If someone is so unhinged and cant take seeing posts from individuals they dont like then how do they even function in the real world.

Smh

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Oops...I meant to hit the ignore button but I missed and hit the like button
WHAT omg you were going to dislike or ignore me !!!!! Wheres my safe place, i need my safe place, i need my safe place

Hahhahaha

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yesterday I was referred to as a troll, and put on ignore, by a fellow Canuck. It was borderline bullying, but I still feel safe here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store