When is a "pond"...actually a pond?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
:WHOA: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::nilly::grinno::OMG::lol3::lol3::headshake:duh:🤣🤣🤪😖😣🙄🙄

...likely for both of you...
It was more like she was driving me nuts every day, and I would be constantly telling her to shut up (as I was in virtual class and doing hard schoolwork) and to boot (though honestly, this isn't her fault) this is when my aunt tragically passed away unexpectedly.

• Sad
Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm serious, my dude literally lets me hold him in any way possible. And he even sits QUIETLY (unlike dogs who bark and whine 24/7) next to me while I work.
Lol, dogs are what they are made to be by their owners.

Rabbits are...not quite rodents, but pretty close... 🤣

Jeez...I'd actually prefer...a cat! 😖

edited to add: My condolences...:(

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Lol, dogs are what they are made to be by their owners.

Rabbits are...not quite rodents, but pretty close... 🤣

Jeez...I'd actually prefer...a cat! 😖

edited to add: My condolences...:(
Rabbits are lagomorphs, not rodents by any stretch of the mind. They may occasionally look like rodents, but they're not even in the same class. I know because I also have a hamster.

But we also had a cat, and she was also hell, but she was actually a mean little sucker while the dog was a sweet (but stubborn as heck) girl.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
i think this is a unimportant topic. calling a huge body or not so huge body of water in a manmade container a "pond" doesn't really matter. the important thing is whether it is enough for the fishes you are keeping, will they going to be healthy in it, etc.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
i think this is a unimportant topic. calling a huge body or not so huge body of water in a manmade container a "pond" doesn't really matter. the important thing is whether it is enough for the fishes you are keeping, will they going to be healthy in it, etc.
If you think it’s an unimportant topic then why did you bother to waste people’s time with your comment? Everybody on the site knows it’s important to have a large enough volume of water for your fish to stay healthy. Even someone who’s barely dipped their toes in the hobby and hasn’t made any contributions to the site such as yourself can see it.

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Some years ago, I had a relatively dim-witted acquaintance that heavily insisted that an old plastic washtub, barely big enough to contain more than ten or twenty gallons, that he had chucked a handful of pond weeds into, was most certainly a pond, and not some lunatic's crackpot excuse of an over-glorified chamber pot filled with water and mud. I do agree that a "pond", despite its size, seems to be used as a means of exaggerating the size of a body of water in which aquarium fish are to be kept. I suppose it's because one simply assumes a pond to be this... large, natural thing in which fish typically reside, despite whatever it is. I mean, a flooded ditch isn't too far off from being a "pond", but it still isn't often called one.
I reckon if an idiot can fall in and struggle to get out of a particular body of water, and can swim about a fair distance, it's probably big enough to be called a pond; just my anecdotal two cents.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
pond
[ pond ]

noun
  1. a body of water smaller than a lake, sometimes artificially formed, as by damming a stream.
  2. the pond, Informal. the Atlantic Ocean: American companies are finding business is different on the other side of the pond.
verb (used without object)
  1. (especially of water) to collect into a pond or large puddle: to prevent rainwater from ponding on the roof.

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
If you think it’s an unimportant topic then why did you bother to waste people’s time with your comment?
To open the eyes of people who are discussing this unimportant topic
Everybody on the site knows it’s important to have a large enough volume of water for your fish to stay healthy.
Not necessarily
Even someone who’s barely dipped their toes in the hobby and hasn’t made any contributions to the site such as yourself can see it.
I am not criticising or telling anyone especially a experienced aquarist like jjohnwm just reminding the purpose of this website which is guide people , not engage in a unnecessary topic . I am not saying "hey man I am literally a scholar of fish keeping"

• Haha
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store