Challenging order from the Wetspot

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Did you ever get any fry that survived from the last two batches? Also, have you had a chance to add any neocaridinas to breed as a food source?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Did you ever get any fry that survived from the last two batches? Also, have you had a chance to add any neocaridinas to breed as a food source?
No success on any fry. Although I would like to raise a few I really don't have the time. Today noticed eggs again lol.
I added a small group of Ghost shrimp and a Nerite snail. I have a female Ghost shrimp carrying eggs. Tbh I believe the newly hatched shrimplets may be too large for the pipefish to eat. I was thinking about the neocaridina shrimp due to their color.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
No success on any fry. Although I would like to raise a few I really don't have the time. Today noticed eggs again lol.
I added a small group of Ghost shrimp and a Nerite snail. I have a female Ghost shrimp carrying eggs. Tbh I believe the newly hatched shrimplets may be too large for the pipefish to eat. I was thinking about the neocaridina shrimp due to their color.
Just looked up the size of neocaridina shrimp size and I may get a small group when the weather gets a little warmer.

Reactions: phreeflow

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Would be cool if you could raise up a few fry but understand time is an issue. Ghost shrimp may breed but won’t release viable fry in freshwater…they need brackish water. Neocaridinas seem like a great idea!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Adding more aquatic plants. I know the pvc pipe look out of place but the pipefish enjoy them.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Update everything are going well. Just wanted to let anyone who adds a Nerite snail to their aquarium make sure there is no opening for them to escape.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store