Giant gourami with tank mates

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
I've been keeping a Giant gourami for almost a year and a half. When I got her she was only 2inch big. She is now 23inch and still not an adult. I've been keeping oscars for almost 8 years, but Giant gouramies got a much better personality.

The fish in my tank
Giant gourami 23inch
Tiger oscar 8inch
Tiger oscar 7.5inch
Albino red oscar 4inch
Plecos 23 inch and 16inch

I've got a 317 US gal tank.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Any aggressions issue from your gourami?

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
xraycer xraycer . She is very calm and friendly except when the one oscar shows aggression. She protects that small 4inch oscar like a mad thing. She is very tame.

Last edited:

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
xraycer xraycer . She is very calm and friendly except when the one oscar shows aggression. She protects that small 4inch oscar like a mad thing. She is very tame.
My 12" is pretty aggressive with its tankmates., chasing everyone into hiding. Its tankmates, however, are much smaller. I would like to put it into my 180 with my larger CA growouts(6"-10"), but I'm afraid it'll keep everybody in the tank when I'm not around. My hope is that they would get along, so they can all go into 1 large monster tank in another year, but its likely my GG will need its own tank/pond. I still plan to introduce it into the 180, at some point, when I get a week off from work. This way I can keep an eye on the interaction to make sure I can intervene incase there's carnage. Thinking about getting one of those cheapo wi-fi survellience camera, that you can view with a cell phone, off EB, for this process.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store