Bad news... Armatus:(

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I tried 3 different times to keep them and once they get big it's see you later. Wrote them off as keeping them anymore when I lost my last big one. Same goes for the tiger fish, been there done that and won't do it anymore as they croak one way or another when big.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
so sorry, man

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Damn........ soz man

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Keep- Very sorry to hear man. My condolences.

So maybe there is something to that soft water out in Cali? That guy out there keeping his with an Aimara has had his what 6-7 years?

There HAS to be a reason doesn't there??? Food? Water? Tank size? Could there be something we're overlooking?

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Yea it sucks. I'll end up with another. They are awesome fish! I am starting to think it's the specimen. Some know how to stop before crashing some aren't as good. This is the biggest and fastest growing I have had yet. Tank has uv and fed pretty strict diet of tilapia this time.
He did so well for so long. When small he would eat every day as he got bigger he ate big amounts 2-3 times a week. He was up to a big whole tilapia filet each time.
He really liked pestering the geo but imo that is what killed him Chasing the gar or chasing the geo. sorta looked like he hit the lids .
He was sizing up the 20" gar and I was afraid he was thinking of eating then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store