What brand heater + termostate du you use ? :)

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
What brand heater + termostate du you use ?
I'm huge fan of Eheim but 3 jager's heaters in 1 year.... Big fish and glass heaters don't go together. xD
Yea today i buy SCHEGO TITANIUM 600W + SCHEGO TEMROSTAT.
It's just good word's on this brand anywhere i look. Titanium is unbreakable.... Heavy as steel pipe.
Very often used in reef set up. Made in Germany = Top quality Top safety
What du you think about this brand ?

TRD1000.png

schego_heater.jpg

Last edited:

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I use Jaeger Heaters, 300 watt. I use Finnex thermostat, the old analog model--if by thermostat you mean a controller.

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
I have four titanium via-aqua heaters. Two with the digital readout of temperature, they have been working great, except the temp resets everytime you unplug it or the power goes out. Resets to 76F i think which is about what my tanks are at anyway, so its not a huge deal anymore, It was when I was keeping discus.

I also had two via-aqua titanium heaters with a remote analog dial. Both of those controllers crapped out after 2ish years. So I cut off the controller and the heating elements are now attached to an stc-1000 temp controller.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Jbj true temp, about 4 years old and still going strong.

Ryan_R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
Athens, OH USA
On one of the 125's, I'm running a 250W Eheim/Jager in one of those Lifegard external housings. Jehmco has them cheapest.... and all set up. Lifegard sells a cheap kit for horizontal mounting (though you don't *need* it). I'm really pleased with the set up.... even though the T-stat on the Eheim/Jagers have been waaaay off compared to the numbers on the dials.

-Ryan

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I will see how long will this new one work. :) for now it's defenetly the best i had got.
controler is hard core xD

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I use eheim yager 300w but have had to replace it in less than a year and the newer one still doesnt accuratly keep the temp probably 2 or 3 degrees off even after calibration. On my other tanks i use cheaper aqueon and marina heaters that never give me a problem

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
yea those eheim jager heater's never last more than year. Thermostate on them broke. but you can still use them on controlers. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store