Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I've never used the mobile Apps. do they really make it easier to view/use mfk on cells?

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
The only thing the app was good for was uploading pictures.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
The only thing the app was good for was uploading pictures.
then, seems like most people could just do pics whenever they get on a desk or lap top, iPad etc. Some may only have
cells, but I don't personally know anyone who's without access..

Anders247

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Maw Installation
I don't use mobile devices for the forums I'm on.... they're junk for maneuvering.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Can somebody tell me what a Trophy point is? I see I have them I don't know why or how. What's the point to this, with the likes and dislikes? Is this like that Facebook stuff my kids have? Help an old pisano out and explain this stuff to me. ;)

Reactions: Evz jardini

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
You and I have the same number, so I think it means we're Better than your mama's cooking.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
There's trophy points awarded for certain things regaurding your activity on the site (eg you've reached 1000 posts ) , if you look in your news feed it'll tell you what you've been awarded and why tom , there is a list of the trophy's on here too but I cant seem to navigate them :rolleyes:o_O I'm still a little lost with certain things
I'll help you out and get you a like trophy lol

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm only here cuz rob promised a possibility of a new mobile option
Yes. The only thing that this new format fails to offer that an app can is a shortcut that you can install on your phone or tablet's home screen. We now have a way to support these shortcuts.

With this addition, there is absolutely nothing that an app could give you that our new software fails to give you.

Add an App-Style shortcut for iOS

Add an App-Style shortcut for Droid

then, seems like most people could just do pics whenever they get on a desk or lap top, iPad etc. Some may only have
cells, but I don't personally know anyone who's without access..
The mobile version here uploads pics exactly the same way as in the old app, with the same in-line (full size) or not (thumbnail) options. :)

Can somebody tell me what a Trophy point is? I see I have them I don't know why or how. What's the point to this, with the likes and dislikes? Is this like that Facebook stuff my kids have? Help an old pisano out and explain this stuff to me. ;)
Trophy points add up a member's total contributions to the site, basically how much you've done beyond spam blasting posts everywhere. This way, a member's worth is MORE than their post count. When the awards system goes live again, this'll become very apparent.

Last edited:

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I was always under the impression a members worth was more than just a post count, how does a Trophy point validate that if the only criteria for being issued is your post count? What am I missing? I can't find the area that explains it.

Reactions: Anders247
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store