Books on Pike Cichlids?

Vcygnus1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2005
THE 850
I've been out of the hobby for a while now (I did manage to find the password for my OG account though) and am starting to look into pike cichlids again. I am wondering if any books dealing specifically with pike cichlids have been released? I have most of the older resources (Aqualogs, General Books and south and central american cichlids), but nothing that deals with pikes in particular. Any recommendations?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
There isn't anything that I'm familiar with though I'm interested in this as well.

Vcygnus1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2005
THE 850
Thanks for the responses guys, I was afraid that the answer was going to be no. I have the Auqalog book with pikes but I need that poster!

jan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2009
norway
Thanks for the responses guys, I was afraid that the answer was going to be no. I have the Auqalog book with pikes but I need that poster!
Well there is something going on,Jens Gotwald (Germany),a known crenicicla expert, is said to work on a pike book,
thats all i know.Hope it will be in english and not only in german,,cross fingers..hope there is something in the roumors..

Vcygnus1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2005
THE 850
I would even take a German book if it had enough pictures of the species. The aqualog book I have has pics of some species of pikes (I think it was tigrina) where it has literally one picture and it is a 4 inch long juvie with no coloration. Hopefully the book will come soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store