blue texas / white convict babies

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
holy hell I have a tank full of babies . i will say this is the craziest pair . the convict kicked the female texas out of the nest and guards the babies. at one point they both had their own babies to watch. they are getting big

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7839.jpg

IMG_7756.JPG

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
these will be interesting cant wait to see what they turn out like

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
I will continue to post progress. They are growing super fast it is almost scary. I have other fish in this tank and I don't think I have lost but a couple. lol inch for inch convicts are the meanest cichlids lol

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
Convict/texas are a very common cross. They look very unappealing really. Convict genes are so strong that most convict crosses just end up looking like mutant convicts.

This is a con/tex

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
It's a first for me and it's a white convict so I am still interested in the outcome. I know convicts will breed in a 5 gallon bucket with anything. I personally like the little buggers . Can't be any worse than a Cuban / green terror cross. Now those were ugly lol

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
It's a first for me and it's a white convict so I am still interested in the outcome. I know convicts will breed in a 5 gallon bucket with anything. I personally like the little buggers . Can't be any worse than a Cuban / green terror cross. Now those were ugly lol
The colour of the convict won't make any difference. The gene that makes them pink/white is recessive so both parents must have it to have pink fry. The texas cannot have it. I had pink cons breed with blood parrots and t-bar cichlids and have had no pink offspring. The fry theoretically will carry the pink gene so crossing one back to the father (or another pink con) would possibly produce them. As far as I know, males from convict/texas pairings are sterile.

Can you tell us more about the green terror/cuban cross? Do you have pictures of them?

Reactions: izzy_here

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
I had a picture i used as a profile picture before mfk went through the last forum change. i can't find any of those pics on this site anymore. I will try and find it on my mac .

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
I am also very interested in pics of this Cuban x green terror. And pics of the parents with the fry etc. it would be very interesting if you have actual proof of this cross...because if you could provide proof of this cross, you'd be the first person to ever do so. To date, a green terror has only ever been crossed with an acara.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store