New format. Feeling a little lost.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
New release is nice. Trophies, awards and the rediculous like button are a downer. If I want to click a like button I will do it on facebook.

Reactions: Thekid

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Pressing the 'Like' button is saying either; 1. The responent cannot join simple word together to offer an opinion. Or, 2. Your statement does not merit any of my time in offering reinforcement or cogent discussion.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't get it guys. if I don't care for a function I simply don't use it

why talk down about trophies and like buttons? you might make someone who enjoys it feel bad

and why is it ok on facebook and not here?

now, like my post if you agree

Reactions: neoprodigy

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Awards and Trophies are like children these days. Teachers and parents want to use a reward system to entice kids to do what they should already do, ie; school work, home work, chores and just plain good behavior.

The like button just makes lazy people that much more lazy. Instead of stringing groups of words together to create a complete and cognitive sentence they hit the like button. Plus all a like button is going to do is create a group of people whose sole goal is to get likes instead of intelectual conversation.

And when they dont get the likes that they beieve they should get they will then be sad and disappointed. Feeling isolated they will lash out wanting to seek retribution for their injustice. (Sarcasm)

And no I wont hit the like button......

Reactions: Thekid and bottles

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
If it is not break, why fix it.

I hate the new format and flashy color. Is there a way to make it less flashy so I can open it up at work and not catching attention.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Awards and Trophies are like children these days. Teachers and parents want to use a reward system to entice kids to do what they should already do, ie; school work, home work, chores and just plain good behavior.

The like button just makes lazy people that much more lazy. Instead of stringing groups of words together to create a complete and cognitive sentence they hit the like button. Plus all a like button is going to do is create a group of people whose sole goal is to get likes instead of intelectual conversation.

And when they dont get the likes that they beieve they should get they will then be sad and disappointed. Feeling isolated they will lash out wanting to seek retribution for their injustice. (Sarcasm)

And no I wont hit the like button......

meh, it doesn't bother me what others do with features I don't care about. but I wouldn't talk down about it or about those who use it. that's all i'm saying

and was just joking about hitting like button

I hate the new format and flashy color. Is there a way to make it less flashy so I can open it up at work and not catching attention.
if you're at work, you shouldn't be on mfk lol

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or

What's flashy about it? Try swapping to the white version? not sure if it helps

I see mob mentality has already returned...ganging up on the poor like button

Reactions: Thekid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store