Intermedia

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
what for real? how long along was this? I get Wes emails all the time. Never got one that said intermedia for 200

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
I got two of the intermedia as well, bought them last week but I had them shipped to me yesterday. West only had 7 I believe. Mine are about 2" long and are in a 125 and seem to be settling in nicely, although they are shy, which is expected. Hopefully they will start feeding soon and they grow quickly and they can be added to the show tank!

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Yeah according to wes I was actually the first person to find out about them. Just happened to hit him up at the right time. They had ich so I had to wait a week for it to clear up and for them to fatten up. Never even had to wait for that ad. Wes probably didn't send out a email probably wasn't worth his time they sold out in a day or 2. The intermedia are cool they seem to have smaller eyes and mouth than my other bass growing out with him. He's pretty timid and is only eating bw, Mysis and steals live earthworms that are for my orbignyi (wc ray). Can't wait till he gets bigger for now he's my least colorful growout. My xingu is only 1/2 a inch bigger and blows him away in terms of spangling and color

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Yeah according to wes I was actually the first person to find out about them. Just happened to hit him up at the right time. They had ich so I had to wait a week for it to clear up and for them to fatten up. Never even had to wait for that ad. Wes probably didn't send out a email probably wasn't worth his time they sold out in a day or 2. The intermedia are cool they seem to have smaller eyes and mouth than my other bass growing out with him. He's pretty timid and is only eating bw, Mysis and steals live earthworms that are for my orbignyi (wc ray). Can't wait till he gets bigger for now he's my least colorful growout. My xingu is only 1/2 a inch bigger and blows him away in terms of spangling and color
Where did you get your xingu from??

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I got him from segrest but they're out of stock now. Aquascape and a guy on aquabid have them as of now at Id like to say $140-150 for 3 inch fish. Mine is 3.5 inches but eats large NLS Thera A pellets. Good looking fish

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Let's keep a monthly progress of everyone's intermedias! If need start a new thread let's do so! Merge old pics in here with dates so we can keep track of progress! Also please stat where go yours from!!!!

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I think you'll be seeing more around..just a guess but I'd bet..
I hear of guys in Hawaii being able to order from somewhere, $900 for a 7-8 incher. I guess these becoming more and more available. No way I'm paying that much for a fish that will be under $200 next year!

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
Mine are pounding pellets already, keeping them nice and fat and they already look like they have grown a little bit but it's probably that they were just skinny when they came in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store