New format. Feeling a little lost.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
First I want to say I love the NEW look of MFK, I think the upgrade was a good thing and as we move forward things will flesh themselves out, bugs will be ironed out and features will be added/removed as necessary. The site looks and feels great. The staff that worked on this did a great job and deserve our thanks and gratitude for a fantastic job well done.

I'm no fan of trophies, likes or awards, IMO it diminishes the relevance of the site. If you want to "like" something go on Facebook, if you want to discuss something come here. That's my feeling about that.

Reactions: petspoiler

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
First I want to say I love the NEW look of MFK, I think the upgrade was a good thing and as we move forward things will flesh themselves out, bugs will be ironed out and features will be added/removed as necessary. The site looks and feels great. The staff that worked on this did a great job and deserve our thanks and gratitude for a fantastic job well done.

I'm no fan of trophies, likes or awards, IMO it diminishes the relevance of the site. If you want to "like" something go on Facebook, if you want to discuss something come here. That's my feeling about that.
I'll probably give extra Likes to people who don't appreciate them.
Until they DO. haha

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
I do find it hilarious seeing staff member being vocal about their dislike for likes, meanwhile neo is going around serial liking everything mahahahaha
I just want to make sure the like button works that is all... lol

But seriously I have never been so excited about this software since 2005. It's like you got a new girlfriend... Lmao

Reactions: Anders247

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I just want to make sure the like button works that is all... lol

But seriously I have never been so excited about this software since 2005. It's like you got a new girlfriend... Lmao

Can't blame you. It's been a long time.

How long shall I wait before i bug you about a custom tag for my group name?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya

Just wanted to say I appreciate your post and wanted to do it without having to use the like button..... :)

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
For the most part I think this forum is moving in the right direction. As for awards ,trophies and likes well some folks like trophies and awards it makes them feel special and some like someone liking their post or thread which is fine. There should then be a dislike button just to counter the like button haha. The only thing I miss is the photo album.If it is still here can someone point to it :)

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
For the most part I think this forum is moving in the right direction. As for awards ,trophies and likes well some folks like trophies and awards it makes them feel special and some like someone liking their post or thread which is fine. There should then be a dislike button just to counter the like button haha. The only thing I miss is the photo album.If it is still here can someone point to it :)

we do have a gallery in place. we are working to migrate the old pix into it before we allow new pix . check media

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
I find myself not visiting mfk as much since the old app was so fast and easy. I have to flip my phone to landscape to get the new posts button, see signatures, and only 20 posts per page.... I am a very lazy person and the site is a little more hassle now. Imo we need alot more mobile friendly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store