backwashing eheim 2262

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
footnote: I measured the OUTside diameter of the old hose where I slip it on the 2262 drain valve.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thanks spoiler im gonna try a garden hose and see if it works

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
we're in the USA. no habla metrics ;-)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yarden hose worked fine. Only was able to use gravity. I thought i would be able to run the filter while hooked up to the hose to help remove some gunk with some force. I closed the outlet tap and left the inlet open and of course had the drain valve open but it didnt work

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
J jaws7777
OH MAN, I re-read my posts... I totally blew it and wrote the directions wrong. You have to (1) open the bottom drain valve that you hook the garden hose on but (2) leave the in-tank output valve OPEN to drain the tank. The tank Input valve has to be open to receive air for the power to "push" water out.
(3)Then when you've drained as much from tank as you want, you close the INtank valve to canister and Unplug the electrical plug.
While power is OFF, that is when the Canister itself drains by gravity. and when it gets down to bottom I tip it a bit to empty the last of water.
I Only SOMEtimes unhook everything and drag the can outside to flush the dregs.
However, I do change out the top filter floss and my bag of Purigen almost every LARGE water change.

Gosh, I'm SO sorry. had a lot of crap on my mind last night and that's the only excuse I have.
I shudder to think how long it took you to drain by gravity with the output valve closed..?
I only close that valve (All valves) when I have to unhook everything to move filter out and open the top.

I owe you one opportunity to FLOG ME!
and now I wish a mod would add footnote correction to my WRONG statement in post #10 - or replace it. I'd hate to have future readers go by that.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
No big deal spoiler lol

I closed the outlet, opened the intake and opened the drain plug. The water did drain out but when i pluged the filter in i thought that it would gush out and really give the can a good backwashing but it never happened it just came out without much force same flow as the gravity draining without the filter plugged in

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
No big deal spoiler lol

I closed the outlet, opened the intake and opened the drain plug. The water did drain out but when i pluged the filter in i thought that it would gush out and really give the can a good backwashing but it never happened it just came out without much force same flow as the gravity draining without the filter plugged in
I don't really know how much force it gushes out of mine, because I run it out the door through about 80 feet of hose to water some trees. but it's strong enough to do that.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Same thing i was doing but hey it still worked so thanks for the assist.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Same thing i was doing but hey it still worked so thanks for the assist.
I think I'm losing my mind from stress, so altho my intentions have been good, I claim no credit- for incorrect directions or otherwise this weekend ;-)
I was about to try and jumpstart a truck in my driveway but decided to wait for a man so I wouldn't blow myself, or some vehicle, up by accident.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store