Tiger pike is crazy

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
My African tiger pike is attacking everything in my tank except my motoro Ray. He tore a chunk out of my payara and the payara is Bigger than the ode. He has healed up since the few attacks. Will they work out in the end? They are about 10 plus inches

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
LOL with all the issues you having right now and you still ask us? Not sure what's kind Payara you having now but if you have a Armatus then your Odoe pike will be its snack later.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
LOL with all the issues you having right now and you still ask us? Not sure what's kind Payara you having now but if you have a Armatus then your Odoe pike will be its snack later.
A red tail payara. That fish is to timid to eat my pike! I ask cause people say they do alright together. And was wondering if any others had any issues?!!!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Odoe Pike HATE silvery color fish and your red tail max size is same or smaller than the Odoe so most likely your pike will kill the tats soon or later...especially its an overly aggressive one.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Give it time maybe he's just doing it to become dominant. If it's continues you may want to separate the two. And with the payara, being sensitive and mellow, you're going to want to begin picking tankmates a bit more carefully and do research on the fish you intend to put with it because odoes can be aggressive and definitely have the capability of doing damage, like right now, mine seems to have gone on a bit of an aggression streak now that he's the largest in the tank, but nothing to where I've had to separate more of just a charge and then he backs off.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
i did some research and found that tats and odes can work. Since my post they seem to be ok. Payara has healed up good and pike has stopped picking on it.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
All good these days between the payara and ode. The past month the pike leaves the tat alone . Pike has done some awesome growing. Eats like a horse.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea they seem to grow fast, mine grew from 4 inches in February to 10 inches now. And it was probably establishing its territory or dominance is all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store