MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I would remove one of the pieces. In my opinion it looks a little cramped. Give them some swimming space.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I like driftwood, and I like all the pieces, but there are too many and it's too symmetrical for my taste. If it were my tank, I'd have 1 or 2 fewer pieces, and the pieces would be off-center (to the left or right and to the rear.)

Just me, but obviously a lot of people do like the way it looks, so take it for what it's worth. Something about symmetry seems unnatural.

Reactions: TripleW

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I like driftwood, and I like all the pieces, but there are too many and it's too symmetrical for my taste. If it were my tank, I'd have 1 or 2 fewer pieces, and the pieces would be off-center (to the left or right and to the rear.)

Just me, but obviously a lot of people do like the way it looks, so take it for what it's worth. Something about symmetry seems unnatural.
Thanks for the reply Doc. I am not completely satisfied with the present arrangement. I have added the rocks, substrate and some Indian Almond leaves (Trying to accomplish a Rio Negro Biotope). This seems to have broke things up a little bit. Here is what it looks like now...I still may take out some wood and move it around a little bit.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Thanks for the reply Doc. I am not completely satisfied with the present arrangement. I have added the rocks, substrate and some Indian Almond leaves (Trying to accomplish a Rio Negro Biotope). This seems to have broke things up a little bit. Here is what it looks like now...I still may take out some wood and move it around a little bit.
Yea, this looks more appealing to me. Maybe it was the angle of the first picture, or I didn't look as carefully, but this seems more natural. Of course, the most important factor is what works for your fish and what works or appeals to you.

You picked out some very nice stones and driftwood.

Reactions: TripleW

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Yea, this looks more appealing to me. Maybe it was the angle of the first picture, or I didn't look as carefully, but this seems more natural. Of course, the most important factor is what works for your fish and what works or appeals to you.

You picked out some very nice stones and driftwood.
Thank you. Yes the few fish I have in there have taken a liking to the various nooks and crannies to hide in and protect...thanks again for your responses!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store