Fishing Season 2k15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Guess I've got some reporting to do as I've been fishing a LOT since the forum started it's transition.

A while back I got a few nice sunfish and a bullhead from the local lake.

At the creek I was catching plenty of rainbow trout, a nice northern Hogsucker, and a decent smallie.

At the allegheny river I caught 4 common carp including a PB at 26" 8 pounds and a nice silver redhorse.

Finally at erie I caught a rock bass, a yellow perch, a white bass, 5 lake trout (26-36", 9-16 pounds), and a massive channel catfish at 30-32" 20-21 pounds. Also setup my boat to troll at long last with downriggers, a trolling plate, etc. hence how I was catching the lake trout for the first time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
3 Rainbow Trout (12-15") and 2 Smallmouh Bass (6-7") this morning. Two on flies (1 rainbow and 1 smallmouth) and 3 on nightcralwers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Here are a few photos from my last semester of college in Tioga County Pa. The rainbow trout went for 23.5" didn't get a weight on it but it's in the freezer waiting for the taxidermist. Was a little disappointed that the crappie bite this year really didn't get hot until finals week but I was able to get out a few times and catch them practically every cast. Bass fishing was pretty hot mid April on. Was regularly catching bass on jigs, flukes, square bills, and lipless baits early on. Had a few good days on Tioga and Cowanesque catching smallies and a few largemouth to 4+lbs on Hills Creek. Recently since I've returned home I've been hitting the Schuykill River for flatheads with a lot of success. My first night I caught three over 30" with my largest flathead to date being 34" 21 lbs. I've only been fishing for flatheads since last August so I'm impressed with what I've been doing. My goal is to get one over 30lbs before September. image.jpg
23.5 Rainbow
image.jpg
20" rainbow thing was a snake it was super skinny
image.jpg
Had to throw in a decent colored brookie
image.jpg
One of many crappie caught
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
32" 16lbs
image.jpg
I know it looks like I'm on meth in this picture but it was hard taking a selfie with a 34" 21lb flathead in your hands

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Pretty good day. Got three nice Northern Hogs in the creek on the 3 weight and then drove over to the river for a few hours to catch a 20" 3 pound channel catfish and 23" 5 pound carp.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Fished Moraine (Lake Arthur) yesterday for about 13 hours (12pm-1:30am) and caught a total of 30 fish. Tons of trophy sized bluegills and sunfish that were in the 6-8" range over nests, 3 nice largemouth on topwaters with he largest being 16" 3 pounds, and a nice 12" white crappie. Fished for 5 hours for stripers at night without a single hit, nobody seemed to be getting them last night though. Pretty good day overall.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Wanna send me a few of those giant pumpkinseeds lol
Fished Moraine (Lake Arthur) yesterday for about 13 hours (12pm-1:30am) and caught a total of 30 fish. Tons of trophy sized bluegills and sunfish that were in the 6-8" range over nests, 3 nice largemouth on topwaters with he largest being 16" 3 pounds, and a nice 12" white crappie. Fished for 5 hours for stripers at night without a single hit, nobody seemed to be getting them last night though. Pretty good day overall.

View attachment 1124913 View attachment 1124914 View attachment 1124915 View attachment 1124916

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store