ID, bought as P. fenestratus

Jmart159

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I agree. I think you've got what you paid for. A good diet and a stable tank ought to bring out some really nice colors in it.

welsher7

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
I agree. I think you've got what you paid for. A good diet and a stable tank ought to bring out some really nice colors in it.

It is in a 120g with two male firemouths, a pair of convicts, and 5 black skirt tetras. I feed NLS as a staple and every now and then chopped fish/shrimp.

Im thinking about trading in the convicts for another male firemouth.... I hate even numbers....

jonclark96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
Frederick MD
I agree that it looks like a "peeling" catemaco. Soon, it will be mostly white with perhaps some pink/orange/black marks. I really liked the pair I used to have, just moved in a different direction with the tank I kept them in. There will be no bars on the fish in its adult coloration.

Keep an eye on the tetras. They will become snacks before too long.

welsher7

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
I agree that it looks like a "peeling" catemaco. Soon, it will be mostly white with perhaps some pink/orange/black marks. I really liked the pair I used to have, just moved in a different direction with the tank I kept them in. There will be no bars on the fish in its adult coloration...
Thats a bummer I was hoping for the standard colors....

We will see how it turns out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store