My new cats

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Nice. Good price on the TSN. Average on the hybrid. You must have driven, not flown.

The hybrid might have a rather common duck-bill deformity or so it looks from this angle.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Hard to say which species this is. True ARTC = Hemibagrus wyckoides appear rather rare and would be nice to score for free. If it is a nemurus or a wyckii, these are ~$5 for a ~3" fish on East coast.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Just curious... Of the 3, wykioides, wyckii, and nemurus... if you had to rank them, which is most aggressive? which is least? And does it really matter or do I not have a chance of tankmates at all?
Nemurus is the least problematic. Mine has been rather well behaved with hundreds of tank mates. A lot depends on the set up, esp. tank size, etc. that's hard to predict but bigger tanks sure help. I trust you've read Justarn's account of a wyckii in his 300 gal - this thread has been updated regularly over year(s). My wyckiis have been ok with each other from 3" to ~6". After that they could not be housed together. My two 1.5'-ers didn't bother anyone in a 4000 gal pond. True ARTC I have never had a first hand experience with. They re said to be as bad or worse than wyckii but again details are needed as to sizes, sexes, what tank mates, tank sizes, etc. I don't think the answer is simple.

Reactions: justarn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store