My North American tank is well under way

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Really nice setup.

How do the LMB and SMB get along? When I was doing natives, they refused to tolerate each other.
So far, its been hunky-dory. Everybody coexisting fine. Got one of the lmb on pellets already, the other is still holding out for live food. The once mellow smb is now a lot more aggressive at feeding time since it has to compete for its share.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd do some swamp darters and tessellated darters on the bottom with whatever species of local minnows you have in the midwater section.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
W

Where do you find darters? Ive fished in NY for almost 20 years, and my dad has for 40+ neither of us have ever seen a darter that we know of!
in just about every stream or creek in the US has them lol. Check slow moving sections of streams and creeks, just walk the water and watch for small fish swimming ahead of you.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
W

Where do you find darters? Ive fished in NY for almost 20 years, and my dad has for 40+ neither of us have ever seen a darter that we know of!
Go to your local creek and seine a few riffles and pools, guarantee you'll find a few darters if the stream is a healthy one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store